Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Hate New Years' Resolutions

I literally dropped off from the blogging world without explanation, but I'm back!  I intended to make it back sooner, but to be honest I haven't done anything related to my blog intentions "learning to love the gym" as I have not been at the gym since my last post (ages ago). 

I have however, continued to talk about fitness motivation with my husband.  The result - I don't have it and he has lots and I want it to rub off.  I am still searching for that thing that will motivate me to keep going to the gym when the gym gets hard, or I get tired or sick, or work pops up and life takes over.  I want to want to be the person who loves going to the gym, but I'm just not there yet.

Therefore, I continue to renew my fitness goals and make plans in my head and on paper and eventually I will actually start to physically implement them.  That brings me to the New Year and the resolutions that come with it.  I've never been good at setting or keeping them when I do voice some sort of goal for the year.  I've also recently read that diets and fitness goals tend to start on Mondays with the start of a new week.  Coincidentally, I am going against what I hate and re-renewing my fitness journey on a Monday just in time for the New Year.  I have 9 hours tomorrow in which to get my butt to the gym and time myself for a 3km run to jump start my try-a-tri training.  Here's to my new energy as I go forward!

PS I've also recommitted to eating healthier bento box style lunches and I genuinely enjoy them and they work well with my crazy work schedules.  Part of this inspiration comes from a slew of documentaries I've watched lately thanks to Netflix Canada.  Here's a pic of today's menu:

oven roasted chicken lunchmeat, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber dill yogurt dressing, grapes, Babybel cheese

pistachios for a snack

No comments:

Post a Comment