Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Husband is Sexy (and he knows it)

I talk about my husband on here all the time, but rarely do I post photos of us (mainly because we really do need to take more photos of us together).  I also seldom say (to anyone but him) what it is I love and admire about him.  So here is my public declaration.


Today my husband, Chris, put up a blog post on Wisdom Courage Power of himself as Clark Kent.

Superman 

This is an accurate portrayal of my hubby - always in a superhero t-shirt (even under karate or dress clothes) and always posing...not for anyone in particular, just for himself.  He feels good (healthy) and he looks good (healthy) and he knows it.  I know it too, but then again I always thought he was sexy.

When I first met my husband he looked like this...

  

In fact, this is one of the first pictures I saw of Chris.  It was a picture that made me think "this guy is so cute he is out of my league".  I was so impressed by Chris on our first date that I knew I was going to marry him.  I told him so on our second date.  Subsequently our third date was 8 months later because I scared him off.  When I met Chris he was in the 220lbs range.  When we got married 2 years later he was around 155lbs.  It was a shock to our relationship because we no longer spent the bulk of our time the same way (watching movies/tv on the couch and going out for dinner).  It took some adjusting and we are better for it.  Now I'm catching up and I'm excited to see what comes next.

My favourite picture of Chris though is from our wedding day.  I snapped this photo with a cellphone while we were on route from the church to the park for photos.  Every time I see it pop up on our digital frame I swoon.  It takes me back to that moment when we climbed into the car together as newlyweds and looked at each other for the first time without others watching over us.  He looks at peace and it reminds me how much he loves me.


One of the gifts we got for my bridal shower was a leather bound book for friends/family to write their advice in and for us to scrapbook items of importance over the years.  It's fun to read through each year and we have added our own tradition of writing each other a letter on our anniversary and filing it away in the book after it is read.  It's a great way to remind each other what qualities we appreciate in each other, what we are happy to have overcome or done together in the past year, and what we are looking forward to in the future.  Right now I cannot appreciate my husband's unwavering support and encouragement enough.  His belief in me pushes me forward when I forget how much I am capable of doing when I set my mind to it.  I am a lucky, lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment