Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crossfit Here I Come

Part of my discussion with Jodi this morning was about how many times a week I should be running because my shins are killing me from pounding the pavement on my runs. The answer to my question was run three times a week and crosstrain 2-3 times a week as well. Jodi stressed that I could double these up with my runs as she knew there was no way I was training 5-6 days a week.

I'm excited about this as I've been aiming to tack on my old workouts to my 1km runs in order to keep my strength training going, but I've been too tired to drag out an old workout routine that will kill me all by itself. When Jodi told me that the best way to crosstrain is to swim or cycle I was overjoyed. Swimming and cycling are on my goal list for the summer and I've been waiting for better weather to start them. However, it seems it would make more sense to combine all my goals together now.

Working out should be an exciting adventure for me over the next few months. I get to swim, ride my bike, and run the trails around my house. These are all things I love to do!!! Why didn't I do this before?

I know the answer to that. They are too much fun to seem like a workout, or rather, if I do them at workout intensity they may lose their fun. When my goal was weight loss and getting in shape they did not seem like the "right" activities to choose. Now that my goal is to do more things I love better than I've done them before they make more sense.

What do you do to crosstrain?

1 comment:

  1. How was Cross-fit? I've really wanted to try, but it always looks like I'd hurt myself if I tried...

    ReplyDelete