Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Ran...Two Days in a Row

Chris and I have been having discussions about the difference between a desire to go to the gym and a committment to going to the gym.

I want to go to the gym. I write it on my schedule and pencil in the time specifically to go to the gym just like I do with my tutoring, my teaching, and my extra-curriculars. Somehow I never end up at the gym though as something always comes up that takes precedence before the gym.

Nothing ever comes up that replaces anything else on my schedule (or very rarely), but the gym always seems to get crossed off. Chris explained to me that if I wanted to go to the gym as much as I say I do then nothing would stop me. This has been proven by my committment to other things I also want. This was a bit of an obvious awakening that I needed. It was also reiterated when I read another blog I often visit "Shrinking Carrie" at http://shrinkingcarrie.com/2012/02/26/1365/ for the link pertaining to interest vs. committment.

On this note I started running again. I went to the gym two days in a row and I plan to go tomorrow and run the block on Thursday. I have set my sights on committment.

1km treadmill run Monday 7min 40sec
1km treadmill run Tuesday 8min 09sec

No comments:

Post a Comment