- I worked out almost every day this past week including several late night workouts in order to get them in (because I actually wanted to) and that has left me a little tired today.
- I lost almost 5lbs this week alone.
- I've eaten fairly healthy all week, with a Dairy Queen blizzard dinner exception, but I lost the weight by morning.
- I researched active things for Chris and I to take up together.
- I scored a free one week pass to the YMCA finally and swam laps in their pool. I can do a 25 metre lap in 40 seconds currently. I also increased my number of laps.
- I applied for and was offered an interview for a full-time teaching job for...wait for it...phys. ed. teacher for kindergarten to grade 3! I couldn't believe it either. I almost did not apply as I lacked the confidence (not looking like a typical gym teacher), but I thought why not - it's my focus right now in my own life so I can be a role model. I brought my enthusiasm and a few new ideas to the table today at my interview and will wait until Monday to hear back. The thought of teaching 25 gym periods (250 minutes a day for 5 days a week) has me tired, but pumped at the same time.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Well Wonders Never Cease
"Well wonders never cease" was an expression my grandmother often used and it seems fitting for my life this week.