Friday, February 8, 2013

The Liebster "Award"

My lovely husband has nominated me for a blog "award".  I say "award" because it is more of chain letter in blog world than an award for let's say an inspiring or motivating blog.  But, I will answer his questions and skip the pass it on part.

The Liebster Award




Here’s how it works-the rules:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
            Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
            Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
            Go to their page and tell them about the award.
            No tag backs!

11 Random Facts

  1. I have two middle names.
  2. I decided in grade 5 that I wanted to be a teacher and now I am - but I am still working towards getting my own classroom.
  3. I am really good friends with my younger brother (like he comes and bakes cookies at Christmas and we go to each other's parties kind of friends).
  4. I told my husband on our second date that he was the man I was going to marry (I knew on our first date).
  5. I was first runner up in two beauty pageants (one as a baby and one in my teen years).
  6. My mother still wears some of the clothes I owned as a skinny teenager.
  7. I will never own a dog.  I like them, but I don't want to take care of them.
  8. I am terrified of falling from high spaces, but I would love to go in a hot air balloon and maybe one day try skydiving.
  9. I never tire of hanging out in water (pools, hot tubs, bath tubs, lounging on a dock or boat).
  10. I sleep with two duvets and sometimes a heating pad for my always freezing feet.
  11. I prefer things in even numbers (ie. setting the volume on the tv, eating grapes, etc.) 

Chris' questions for me

  1. What are you passionate about? I am passionate about teaching and taking care of children.  My first babysitting job was when I was 11.  I would wake up at 5:30am, ride my bike to their house, and get their children ready for school before I went to school myself.  The parents were home, but worked opposite work shifts.
  2. What motivates you to get things done? I guess the only thing that truly motivates me to get something done is that I get more of a reward by doing the thing than not doing it.  Sometimes that reward is just the satisfaction of doing it, sometimes it is because I want to help someone else, or learn something new, etc., and on odd occasions things get done because they have to be done so I can go on to the next thing I want to actually do.
  3. What stops you from achieving your goals? Me.  Plain and simple.  If I truly want to achieve a goal I will.  Sometimes that requires changing your mindset.  I guess reality sometimes stops me too.  For example I would love to be able to fly (without flight equipment), but that is just not realistic or attainable.
  4. Batman or Superman (Human physical and mental greatness or Alien god-like powers)? I want Bruce Wayne money, Clark Kent morals, Batman gadgets and villains, and Superman powers without the kryptonite weakness.
  5. Do you have pets? I have two cats named after Batman characters I can live with as cat names otherwise they would be shunned by everyone based on the ridiculous names my husband would give them.  When we eventually have children our daughter will receive a Batman name and our son will receive a comic strip name for this same reason.  Heaven help me and them if we have more than one of each.
  6. If you could travel anywhere for relaxation or excitement where and what would it be? I love cruising for relaxation.  I loved Vegas for excitement.  I would like to go to Europe to experience both within the next 10 years.
  7. What is your favourite movie and why? I don't have a favourite movie.  I have movies that I could watch multiple times though and sometimes those movie choices surprise me.  For example I could watch Rounders over and over again and this boggles my mind.  I like classic girly movies like Grease and The Breakfast Club.  I also have guilty pleasures like Fifth Element.
  8. Would you use a time machine to alter your past? Knowing that any changes made could completely change your life/knowledge/personality now? I would not use a time machine for that very reason.  I like my life.  I would like it better with less debt, but that will be resolved in time.
  9. What’s your all time favourite band? Maroon 5 and Matchbox 20
  10. What makes a good friend? I can be friends with anybody.  I have a lot of transient friends because I make friends with odd people that need a friendship for a short period of time and then they move on.  So I guess what makes a good friend is someone who is nice, who you share common interests with, and enjoy each other's company.  It's always great if you introduce each other to new ideas and activities.  I would love to make some more lifelong really close friendships at some point.  These are the people in my life that you can always call on for help or to get advice because you trust them.  They also know you so well that they will challenge your decisions or tell you when you are lying to yourself.
  11. Why do you blog?  I started blogging as a way to think through my experiences, track my ups and downs, and learn from others.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! I love your answer #4. What a perfect answer. The bar is set, and your answers are going to be far more interesting than mine. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete