September 5, 2011.
Apparently I need to do this little quiz because some bloggers I follow are doing it and I would like to stay connected.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favourite food? My favourite food is watermelon. I could eat it for every meal (and have). Even as a child I was known to eat through half a watermelon in one sitting on more than one occasion. A close second is ice cream (nothing with a chocolate base though) as it is also a great meal replacement and comes in many varieties. Current favourite flavour is birthday cake by Kawartha Dairy.
2. What is your favourite childhood memory? My favourite childhood memory is playing hide and seek on my street with the neighbourhood kids. We lived on a court in a tiny village where the fire hydrant on our yard or the sewer grate in the round-about would always be home base. We had the kind of street where no one had a fence so you could have free run of everyone’s backyards (including those that did not have kids), hide in the woods or down by the creek, climb trees, and go as far as the medical centre and church at the entrance to our street. Even the kids from the neighbouring streets came to ours to play hide and seek, tag, baseball, road hockey, or one day even to swim in the street and the churchyard when the creek ran over.
3. What is your favourite way to burn calories? Resting. Granted it doesn’t burn that many calories. Maybe that is why I have a blog about learning to love the gym this year. I am trying to find active things I enjoy doing. I love swimming, I loved biking before my butt got too big to be comfortable on a bike seat, and at one point in time I even liked skiing. These are things that I’m working towards getting better at as I get in better shape. To do that I am learning to love lifting weights, running on the treadmill, and still working on enjoying the stairmill (killer workout).
4. What is your favourite mode of technological communication? A land line phone is still my favourite. Nothing beats talking to someone in person, remembering their phone number without accessing a contact list, and hearing the phone ring because someone was thinking of you.
5. Who is your favourite actor/ess? I’m not really an I love so and so kind of person when it comes to famous people. So if I have to choose then I like Denzel Washington and John Travolta. I also like Michelle Pfeifer and Sally Field. I think that when it comes to music and movies our generation is lacking great people in the field. Too much focus on looks and who can garner publicity and not enough on talent.
6. What is your favourite lip colour? Natural. I don’t wear make up very often. When I do I wear Loreal Taffeta (a pink shade) or another Loreal pink with glitter in it with some Rimmel clear Volume Booster over top (it doesn’t plump your lips but it gives them a sting that in my mind makes me think it smoothes my chapped lips better).
7. Who is your favourite historical figure? I hate history so much so that I can’t even think of an historical figure that I might mention, let alone one that I might consider to be my favourite. I took grade 10 Canadian history twice because I failed it the first time and I barely made it through the second time. I hated all things war, but loved hearing about what music and clothing they wore at the time – didn’t really help me out on the exams though.
8. Who is your favourite athlete? I don’t watch sports. I used to watch figure skating when I was a kid, but then the great skaters retired or got old. Sometimes I like to watch rhythm gymnastics. I think I would like football if I was going to get into watching a sport regularly, but my husband loves hockey so I see far too many sports games than I care to at this point.
9. What is your favourite TV network? The New CW for all my teen dramas. I really like HBO shows too, but I tend to watch them online – Six Feet Under is my all time favourite tv show and if you haven’t seen it I recommend you watch all the episodes just so you can see the best series finale of all time. I watched the whole series within three weeks I was so addicted.
10. What is your favourite site on the web? My favourite site on the web is my husband’s blog www.wisdomcouragepower.blogspot.com because I get to read funny stories about his life and it sparks discussion between us sometimes. But that’s the sappy side of me. Something more practical for others… PostSecret, CakeWrecks, 1000 Awesome Things, YouTube, BestofYouTube, channel131, and WagJag.