Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm Excited Again!!!

September 25, 2011.

Last night I decided I was getting back on the gym bandwagon and dragging my butt out of bed this morning at 7am in order to do so. When 7am rolled around I was not as enthusiastic and it took much willing to get my head off the pillow. I even considered bribing myself with a swimming workout instead of a gym workout, but decided I had made a committment to returning to my cardio and weights.

I arrived at the gym less than enthusiastic about my morning workout, but happy that we only had an hour before Chris and I had to return home so this workout was going to go by quick. Plus, I intended to only do my favourite gym things so it didn't seem all that bad.

I pulled my tracking sheet out of the filing cabinet with the intent to only mark down that I did in fact come to the gym today and was surprised to see that Jodi had attached my new workout sheet to my old ones (we were supposed to meet last week to learn a new program). I quickly read through it and discovered that for the most part I knew how to do the workout she had planned. So much for my original intentions, but game on for the new program!

The new program is a lower body workout, which leads me to believe that we will be adding an upper body workout on alternating gym visits. Yeah!!! That means the gym becomes less monotonous. I will post the full routine once I've met with Jodi to go over it, but for now here is an overview...

Various squats, lunges, and step-ups while holding weights.
Cardio on the Cybex
3 types of abs

Arms on the cables and weight machines
3 types of abs
Cybex

More arms
3 types of abs
Cybex

Stretching

It was great! I didn't finish it all in the hour because it took me awhile to figure out some of the sets (with Chris' help), but the time went by super fast and nothing seemed overly strenuous. There was no time limit set for my cardio (I figured Jodi's intention was 5 min) so I decided to go as long as I could and then try and beat that time the next session. I did 3 min and 3.5 min the two times I hopped on the Cybex today.

Today I'm back to loving the gym!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment