Monday, October 3, 2011

Upper Body Program

October 3, 2011.

I woke up today on my day off and felt horrible. Jodi's lower body workout got my whole system churning and I spent 2 hours running back and forth to the bathroom. I so did not want to go to the gym in the midst of this, but I dragged my butt there to meet with Jodi for another new workout routine. I surprisingly felt well once we started and made it through the whole routine in our alloted 30 minutes which is a rarity. Usually we have to just do one set to learn it so my recovery time is getting better.

Upper Body Workout (alternate with lower body and with cardio routines)

Note: I do 3 sets of 15 repetitions for each arm exercise. I do both exercises that are partnered together then repeat them two more times.


Treadmill or choice of another cardio machine to warm-up

Dumbell chest press 20lbs
1 arm dumbell row 25lbs

Dumbell chest fly 15lbs
Dumbell pullover 22.5lbs

Lat pulldown 57.5
Tricep pulldown 27.5lbs

Seated cable fly setting 6
Dumbell bicep curl 17.5lbs

Seated cable row 27.5lbs
Dumbell shoulder press 12.5lbs

Then I do crunches and situps 1 set of 20 for each:
Straight arm crunch holding 8lb medicine ball
Roman twist holding 8lb medicine ball
Full crunch holding 8lb medicine ball
Alternating leg drop
Back extension

Stretch out

No comments:

Post a Comment