Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Diet...I Think Not

I know that diet and exercise go hand in hand when you are trying to lose weight. As that is not my main goal (I just want to be able to do more) diet is not a big concern to me and therefore is a bit of a frustrating point for my husband who is trying to be supportive.

I calculated it out (or rather had Chris do it for me) that without changing my diet I eat around 1800 calories a day during the week. I eat way more on the weekend when I'm bored and alone in an office. I thought Chris was crazy to eat only 1500 calories a day and I have no intention of starving myself or making myself miserable because I can't have chocolate therefore these are the only changes I will be making to my diet at this point in time:

1) Do not drink Coke during the week (I've wanted to change this bad habit that I picked up when I moved in with Chris anyway).
2) Do not substitute a 1000 calorie bag of chocolate for lunch on the weekend.
3) Continue to eat 1500 to 2000 calories a day and don't stress if I go over on a night out.
4) Only take 2000 calories of food to work on the weekend (and bring lots of fruit or veggies).
5) Aim for one dessert only a day - doesn't matter if I eat it at 10pm (I have, however substituted a 100 calorie ice cream treat for the 500 calorie bowl of ice cream I would usually eat).

That's it! I'll likely post a typical day of food for myself at a later point so you can see what my 1500-2000 calories look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment