Thursday, July 7, 2011

Let Me Introduce You To "The Rack"

July 7, 2011.

I met with Jodi again on Tuesday to get a new workout program. I finished up my 22 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, showed her some before and after pictures of Chris as he recently passed his one year mark for training with Jodi, and then she introduced me to something called "the rack".

The rack is a machine that I never thought I would use as it looks like it is designed for a body builder. You even have to add padding to the bar to make it "more comfortable" to use. It is a machine with a barbell strapped to it that you can add weights to. You place the barbell across your upper back/shoulders and then you squat or lunge to lift the weight. It is awkward and not at all enjoyable at this point in time.

I thought that was bad, but then we moved onto the assisted pull-up machine. This is another thing I never thought I would do. It didn't help that the lowest setting I can start at is about 90lbs because it works in a balance with your own weight.

We added more free weights on the benches this time and then changed up my abs so that I am required to do them on the BOSU ball which means a crunch now requires me to arch backwards and then come all the way up to a sitting position. I did this on Tuesday and my abs still feel the pull from the stretch.

I also learned how to operate the stairmill to keep my cardio going inbetween stations. I am to aim for 1-2 minutes each time. Chris does 20 minutes consecutive on his arm day.

Shocked by what Jodi is requiring me to do, but eager to see improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment