Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chocolate is Yummy! I Feel Like Crap.

July 31, 2011.

Eating out a lot this past week got me into a bunch of my old habits. One of which is my love of chocolate. I thought I did pretty well to have only bought two chocolate bars during the week (both days I went to AirZone in Oshawa), but I made them count. I bought a 3 Musketeers bar on both days. Not my go to choice, but I wanted chocolate and sugar and it had the best proportion with sugary nouget wrapped in milk chocolate. They were so good.

That brings me to the weekend where I have to work three 12 hour shifts in an office by myself. I chose to buy a package of 4 chocolate bars (Chunky Kit Kats) to last me the three days and give me a chocolate and sugar fix during the day. Instead I devoured three in the first two hours of my shift. I only saved one because I refused to buy another package for the weekend and I didn't want to be left without a treat for two days. This to me is excessive and ridiculous. I showed no restraint, or very little as usually I would eat an entire bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in one work shift (before I started working out).

I paid the price for my decision though. Although I did drop in weight this morning I felt like crap at the gym. I was sluggish and weak and could not complete my program. I quit pretty early into it and chose to do some floor work instead. My weakness could come from only eating a granola bar for breakfast as I slept in, but I think it had more to do with my food choices on Saturday. Looking forward to roast chicken, yogurt, pineapple, cheese, a bagel, and cups of tea today. Back to the workout tomorrow.

Today I dislike the gym, but mostly because I made it harder for myself than it had to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment